Thursday, February 8, 2007

Eks-cuse me, I'm busy.

"If you wanna smear mud on your ass, smear mud on your ass, just be honest about it. Look Gene, I've never told anyone this before, but I can suck my own dick, and I do it a lot." --Can of Vegetables, Hot Wet American Summer

Sorry I haven't posted--I'm almost not as frequent as I would like to be. This weekend I'll be posting my feelings on some DVDs:

This Film Is Not Yet Rated
Art School Confidential
The Science of Sleep

Next week, expect to see a ton of reviews over at Newsarama on Best Shots. I'll be featuring:

Loveless #15
SHAZAM! The Monster Society of Evil #1
X-Men Annual #1
The Irredeemable Ant-Man #5

I'll also take a short, "pellet"-sized shot at:
Uncanny X-Men #483
Jonah Hex #16
Incredible Hulk #103
New Avengers #27
Spider-Man: Reign #3

Also, I might throw in a review of the new Hellboy: Swords of Storms direct to DVD cartoon.

I've been busy...and pages from my graphic novel may start appearing in semi-completed form either here on the blog or over at my ComicSpace page. Talk to me people!

If there's anything you'd like to find out about a big chunk of the indy comics scene--nows your chance to ask me--I'm heading to Mega Con in Orlando next week to cover it for Newsarama and to network--send me a mail or post any questions you may have.

Back to work!
Steve

4 comments:

Sneezy said...

Huh? Swords of Storms was on Cartoon Network a while ago, I thought? I missed it twice, but I finally did get to see it.

Steven Eks said...

oh i thought it was direct to DVD...dammit.

well, i guess i won't review it for the rama then.

hornthiefsanta said...

don't forget who's riding shotgun on this crazy whack-job of a weekend! when something bad happens to us on the way, remind me to say to you "did you see what God just did to us, man!?"

Casey said...

Let me know how Mega Con is; I wish I could make it. Can't wait to see what you think about 'This File Is Not Yet Rated'. I just added it to my Netflix queue and it should be here sometime this week. Also I'd like to know if the X-Men Annual #1 is any good!