Thursday, January 4, 2007

The "Eks" Marks the Spot

Welcome to the "The Eks Factor", I'm Steve Ekstrom--writer and Pop Culture enthusiast. This blog will contain bi-weekly columns reviewing comics; occasional short interviews with comic industry professionals; commentary on professional wrestling; news about action figures; and an occasional movie, CD, or DVD review. I am currently a member of the "Best Shots" crew on Newsarama reviewing comics on a weekly basis. I am working on a graphic novel for publication within the next year so DO NOT be surprised if I fall a little behind on this Blog. I welcome anyone who appreciates the necessity for open forum and has a discerning, critical eye for any of the mediums discussed here at "The Eks Factor"--enjoy!

Hopefully, my first edition of the Eks Factor will feature an interview with Steve Niles, author of "30 Days of Night" and "Criminal Macabre".

See you soon!

Steve Ekstrom
01.04.07

Listening to: a ceiling fan (people are sleeping)
Reading: "World Wrestling Insanity: The Decline and Fall of a Family Empire" by James Guttman
DVD to watch: A Scanner Darkly
Plans for the day: Comics, Comics, and more Comics!

9 comments:

TAZREX said...

B&E? What happens when you realize all you wanted to do was kick a door in?

Steven Eks said...

Now now--if you don't poke around inside you may never know what you might find. Remember that time with the Middle School lunchroom and the Fudgsicles?

Shannon Canne said...

A beginning. Liked your review of New Avengers 26. Exactly how I felt too. Until I saw that issue I had decided not to buy that book anymore. Hm. We will just have to see, though. I can't wait to get down and dirty shredding other peoples work on the internet! Fun fun fun.

Steven Eks said...

Well easy big fella. It's not just about shredding someone's work--you have to be somewhat objective at the same time, right?

Adam Tracey said...

Steve Niles? Super-awesome! With Sam Raimi producing the "30 Days" movie, and Josh Hartnett growing his very first facial hair for it, I think it'll be a great flick.
Can't wait to read some bloggings!!!

Steven Eks said...

Glad to see you could make it, Adam--I got worried and thought you and your wife had drank enough wine to scare your co-workers again and they had you both put in Betty Ford--the clinic, not actually Betty Ford. Gross.

Rammer Martínez Sánchez said...

Hey man. Looking forward to reading some reviews. I'll be sticking around and check how this blog turns out... Sounds interesting.

-Rammer Martínez Sánchez

Steven Eks said...

awesome--I was going over your myspace site--it never hurts to network!

steve

Casey said...

Finally caught up on all your blog entries. Good stuff man! Keep up the good work. Now I gotta head over to Newsarama and check out some reviews. Can't wait to see the graphic novel you're working on!